Ground floor opportunity to join our Production team at Drake Cement as an entry-level laborer! This is a full-time, permanent position with a comprehensive benefits package.
The Production Assistant Laborer is an entry-level position which allows someone new to the cement industry to learn all aspects of our manufacturing process from the mining of raw materials in our Quarry to the final grinding process to produce our cement. Assists the production area with clean-up and tasks required to keep systems operating through the process cycle. Operates plant mobile equipment including forklifts, Manlifts, Vacuum truck and Portal Reclaimer. Provides support to maintenance, electrical and other groups in the plant as needed.
Comprehensive training is provided. Opportunities to advance based upon performance. Our plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Production personnel must be available to work 12-hour shifts, including nights and weekends, on a rotating basis.
Job Requirements & Skills
At Drake we understand our team members are the key to our success. We support our employees through a competitive compensation package and flexible benefits programs designed to meet the diverse needs of families.
Drake Cement LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Great opportunity for an experienced electrician to join our state-of-the-art cement manufacturing facility in north-central Arizona!
As a Plant Maintenance Electrician, you will be responsible for the electrical maintenance, inspection, installation and repair of all instrumentation and electrical equipment at the cement plant. Requires an understanding of the critical nature of supporting the production functions at the Plant through excellent and professional service, while ensuring safe work procedures and compliance with environmental regulations and product quality requirements.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a full benefits package and competitive pay. The successful candidate must be available to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Comprehensive training is provided.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Profile
Primary Job Responsibilities
Great opportunity for an experienced plant technician to join our Maintenance team at Drake Cement in Paulden! This is a full-time, permanent position with a comprehensive benefits package. Training is provided.
The Plant Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance, inspection, installation, and/or repair of heavy equipment and other plant systems. Maintains and repairs plant equipment and systems including hydraulic, conveyance, greasing and lubrication systems. Inspects and troubleshoots equipment and work areas to identify problems. Fabricates components and parts as required, replaces valves and performs required equipment calibrations.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- High School Diploma with at least 4 years of relevant practical experience, or Associates Degree in plant mechanical or engineering program and 1 year of practical experience (cement, lime or heavy industrial plant preferred).
- Perform preventative maintenance, repair, and calibration of cement plant equipment: roller presses, crushers, ball mills, pumps, compressors, screening equipment, conveying equipment, de-dusting equipment, etc.
- Maintain appropriate records as established by maintenance and inspection schedules in coordination with Maintenance procedures.
- Ensure proper cleaning, adjustment and/or greasing of plant equipment.
- Follow procedures for inspecting integrity of equipment and ensure that all required tests are done prior to returning equipment or systems to operation.
- Analyze procedures and methods to identify recommended process improvements.
- Proficient in the application, testing, maintenance and repair of industrial equipment.
- Experience in reading and interpreting technical drawings, sketches, and diagrams preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to follow through on tasks to completion.
- Ability to work shifts, including days, nights and weekends.
- Valid AZ Driver's license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical.
At Drake we understand our team members are the key to our success. We support our employees through a competitive compensation package and flexible benefits programs designed to meet the diverse needs of families. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, voluntary accident, hospital and critical illness/cancer coverages available the first of the month following 30 days of employment. You also would be eligible for up to a 4% company 401(k)match after 1-year.
Drake Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment inquiries may be directed to:
Drake Cement LLC
Attn: Human Resources
5001 E Drake Rd | PO Box 370
Paulden, AZ 86334
Phone: (928) 636-6004
Fax: (928) 636-4825
Please e-mail resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Drake Community Relations Team is dedicated to developing strategies for the companies' community support activities, and providing a forum for evaluating and selecting community support projects.
Cement is produced from LISA...Limestone, Iron, Silica and Alumina.
Drake Cement's Paulden plant has the capacity to produce almost 700,000 short tons of cement per year.
The first mining claims for the Drake Cement plant were staked out in the year 2000, more than 10 years before final completion of the facility.