Ground floor opportunity to join our Production team at Drake Cement as an entry-level laborer! This is a full-time, permanent position with a comprehensive benefits package.
The Production Assistant Laborer is an entry-level position which allows someone new to the cement industry to learn all aspects of our manufacturing process from the mining of raw materials in our Quarry to the final grinding process to produce our cement. Assists the production area with clean-up and tasks required to keep systems operating through the process cycle. Operates plant mobile equipment including forklifts, Manlifts, Vacuum truck and Portal Reclaimer. Provides support to maintenance, electrical and other groups in the plant as needed.
Comprehensive training is provided. Opportunities to advance based upon performance. Our plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Production personnel must be available to work 12-hour shifts, including nights and weekends, on a rotating basis.
Job Requirements & Skills
At Drake we understand our team members are the key to our success. We support our employees through a competitive compensation package and flexible benefits programs designed to meet the diverse needs of families.
Drake Cement LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all cements shipped to customers are tested and meet all applicable standards, agency requirements, and internal quality targets. Working closely with the Quality Assurance Director, the QC Supervisor manages the lab processes and overall quality of cement. He/she establishes processes and procedures for the collection, interpretation and presentation of quality data for raw, in-process, and finished materials with a focus on statistical analysis of findings. Oversees the daily lab operations including supervision of the Quality Control technicians, maintenance of laboratory equipment and the coordination of activities with other departments.
With a focus on customer service, the QC Supervisor leads a team which understands the importance of anticipating the needs of both internal and external customers. Through leadership and mentoring, motivates and guides team members to achieve their goals, creating an environment which encourages a commitment to continuous improvement and delivery of high quality results.
· * Bachelors’ degree in Chemistry, Engineering or other relevant technical field preferred.
· * Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in quality control in a Cement Plant (desirable) or Process Plant Technical knowledge of Cement Chemistry, XRF and XRD techniques, and ASTM cement specifications is preferred.
· * Prior experience with test methods for chemical analysis.
* Familiarity with statistical methods
· * Proficient in Microsoft office applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
· * Ability to build relationships and work within a team environment.
· * Ability to manage systems, processes and people.
· * Ability to work collaboratively with other departments
* Ability to perform a variety of tasks and meet deadlines.
· * Must be a self-starter, follow tasks through to completion and take ownership of projects.
* Provides leadership through proactive thinking and a positive 'can-do' attitude.
* Solid analytical and problem solving skills and an excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to understand complex data
* Willingness to keep current with, and learn new skills and technologies.
* Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Functions as a safety advocate and leader,
modeling a personal commitment to behaviors that demonstrate a high regard for
the safety and health of team members.
· * Conducts lab operations in a manner that promotes safe working conditions, including weekly safety meetings with team members.
· * Ensures that the plant equipment is operated in compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
· * Responsible for the direct supervision of Quality Control Technicians and Physical Tester(s).
· * Supervises and provides leadership to team members in accordance with Drake policies and procedures. Establishes priorities and work schedules, oversees work through completion, and provides coaching and feedback on a regular basis.
· * Leads and communicates with team members at all times in a professional, positive, and respectful manner.
· * Establishes standards for quality and quantity of work for shift personnel and teams.
· * Works with the Quality Assurance Director to identify and to provide for appropriate training related to safety, environmental, lab procedures and personal development.
· * Monitors results and troubleshoots variances from targets.
· * Communicates concerns, problems and challenges to manager in a constructive and solution-oriented approach.
· * Creates and provides to the QA Director standard reports as scheduled as well as preparing ad hoc reports as appropriate or requested.
· * Investigates root causes and resolves issues of quality using statistical and other analytical methods.
· * Responsible for updating and maintaining AASHTO based Quality Management Systems.
* Implements and
maintains all CCRL requirements. Responsible for training, monitoring, and providing
feedback to all personnel performing analysis.
· * Performs statistical analysis of instrument control samples, quality control and quality assurance data.
· * Responsible for XRF/XRD calibration and maintenance. Maintains ASTM C-114 certification.
· * Responsible for calibration, standardization and operation of all laboratory equipment and apparatus.
· * Maintains accuracy and completeness of LDMS data.
· * Assists in managing laboratory budget.
· * Working with Procurement, utilizes SAP to purchase and receive chemicals, equipment and spare parts.
· * Works with other departments to solve quality-related problems.
· * Inputs, analyzes and reports operating statistics to QA Director and other plant managers.
· * Responsible for ensuring compliance to ASTM C-150 Standard Specification for Portland Cements,
· * Solid understanding of equipment to support the ability to make adjustments and minor repairs to equipment as required.
· * Inspects laboratory and quality equipment on a regular basis and prepares work orders as required.
· * Reviews and verifies that test procedures applied by Production Inspectors meet quality guidelines and performs necessary training of personnel.
· * Perform other duties as assigned.
The Reliability Engineer supports the cement plant Maintenance and Production departments through problem solving and project execution in order to increase reliability of equipment and reduce downtime. This individual will develop, plan and execute preventive and predictive maintenance activities while promoting safe and efficient operations. The Reliability Engineer will oversee a staff including the Methods Engineer, lube and dust collector technicians and inspectors who understand the critical nature of supporting the maintenance and production functions.
2. Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
The Human Resource Director oversees the planning and coordination of human resource initiatives and goals to support the organization’s business objectives. Responsible for the local delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers in our Aggregates plants and Scottsdale corporate office. Seeks to enhance employee engagement and retention across the company.
Skills and Educations
10. Must be independent and able to quickly gain trust and build relationships.
11. Ability to influence and coach employees and business leaders.
12. Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant.
At Drake we understand that our team members are the key to our success. We support our employees through a competitive compensation package and flexible benefits programs designed to meet the diverse needs of families. Benefits offering include an 100% employer paid medical program, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, voluntary accident and hospital, paid time off and a 401-k program with up to a 4% employer match after one year.
If you are interested in applying for one of our employment opportunities, you may download our application and submit it with your resume and letter of interest. This application is not required for initial consideration of placement.
Drake is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application and/or process should notify a representative of the organization.
Employment inquiries may be directed to:
Drake Cement LLC
Attn: Human Resources
5001 E Drake Rd | PO Box 370
Paulden, AZ 86334
Phone: (928) 636-6004
Fax: (928) 636-4825
Please e-mail resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Drake Community Relations Team is dedicated to developing strategies for the companies' community support activities, and providing a forum for evaluating and selecting community support projects.
Cement is produced from LISA...Limestone, Iron, Silica and Alumina.
Drake Cement's Paulden plant has the capacity to produce almost 700,000 short tons of cement per year.
The first mining claims for the Drake Cement plant were staked out in the year 2000, more than 10 years before final completion of the facility.